'Dhá Theanga'?

Latest post Fri, Dec 28 2012 4:07 by Zhongwen. 19 replies.
  • Sun, Jul 29 2012 3:18

• Zhongwen
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 30 2011
    • Posts 12
    • Points 182

'Dhá Theanga'?

Hello~

I'm interested in viewing a BBC Northern Ireland programme from a few years ago, called 'Dhá Theanga'.  Does anyone know of where I might purchase a dvd or video?  Or alternatively, is anyone aware of a website where I might watch this series.  I believe it was meant for children, thus would probably be right on my level!

Go raibh maith agaibh!

• Post Points: 127
  • Mon, Jul 30 2012 10:34 In reply to

• michelle
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Apr 13 2008
    • Béal Feirste, Éire (Belfast, Ireland)
    • Posts 2,956
    • Points 608,422

Re: 'Dhá Theanga'?

I actually co-wrote the script for this programme and worked on the set. Dhá Theanga was (if I remember correctly!) a 6-part mini-series about 4 teenagers, two of whom were love-struck. The series was intended for online release and aimed at a teenage audience of language learners. However, the overall project it was part of was suspended, and to the best of my knowledge it wasn't released.

I checked if it was hosted somewhere on the BBC website, but cannot find it. I guess your best bet is to contact BBC NI directly and see if they can provide you with a copy. I know the BBC is obliged to provide you with a DVD of TV and Radio recordings on request if it can (for which you will pay), but I'm really not sure how things work with an online production that may not have had official release. Will you let us know how you get on?

Ádh mór ort,
    Michelle 

Is fearr dhá theanga ná ceann amháin…

Filed under:
    • Post Points: 5
  • Mon, Jul 30 2012 18:07 In reply to

• Zhongwen
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 12
    • Points 182

Míle buíochas!  I usually don’t have this type of luck!

I much appreciate your going to the trouble of checking the BBC website.  It was very kind of you.

You’ve provided much information, which I shall follow up as soon as I can.  (It may take me a few days to do so, but if I have any response, I’ll certainly report back to you.)

Again, go raibh maith agat!

• Wed, Aug 1 2012 20:03 In reply to

• michelle
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 2,956
    • Points 608,422

Na habair é - would love to know how you get on - if it's publicly available I'd love a copy myself!

Filed under:
  • Wed, Aug 1 2012 20:55 In reply to

• Zhongwen
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 12
    • Points 182

Hello, Michelle!

I haven't had an opportunity, since you so kindly responded to my query, to pursue this programme.  I will be emailing BBC NI as soon as possible, I promise.  I have several chronic illnesses, & lately all my 'functional' time has been taken up with things medical, it seems!  However, I will persevere, & promise to let you know how (or if) I get on.

Again, go raibh maith agat!

• Sun, Aug 12 2012 23:44 In reply to

• Zhongwen
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 12
    • Points 182

Hello, Michelle!

I imagine you had decided I'd forgotten all about searching for this programme.  Not so, I'm just v-e-r-y s-l-o-w!  Sorry.

Just now, I emailed BBC NI from their website, asking if Dhá Theanga is available in any way, shape or form.  However, when I hit the 'Send' button, a notice popped up cautioning that they were unable to reply to emails individually, due to the volume they receive.  Thus, I'm not holding out much hope for a response.  I'd think that, if I haven't heard from them in a week or two, it would be a dead end.

In that case, even if the programme is indeed available, we'll never know!

I want to thank you again for your help, & to apologise for how slow I've been to pursue this matter.  If I do get a response to my query, I'll be sure to let you know.

Warm regards!

• Sun, Aug 19 2012 17:07 In reply to

• michelle
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 2,956
    • Points 608,422

Did you try Aonad@bbc.co.uk ? It seems to be the email address for their Irish language content. Emailing that directly might get a better response than a general 'query' email address - it might go to an Irish language team member who is familiar with the project. Ádh mór ort!

• Sun, Aug 19 2012 17:20 In reply to

• Zhongwen
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 12
    • Points 182

Brilliant!!  I really find the BBC websites a bit overwhelming.  They're so extensive, & no matter what you do, you seem always to be brought back to the main BBC site.  No, I never found the email address you mention, but I shall certainly follow up as soon as I'm able.  Needless to say, I haven't had any response to my initital query.

Go raibh maith agat!

• Sun, Aug 19 2012 17:28 In reply to

• Zhongwen
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 12
    • Points 182

Michelle~

Just sent my query to the address you so kindly supplied.  Will let you know if I receive a reply, & again, thanks very much.

• Mon, Aug 20 2012 10:39 In reply to

• michelle
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Posts 2,956
    • Points 608,422

Go hiontach :)

• Post Points: 21
  • Sat, Oct 6 2012 22:47 In reply to

• Zhongwen
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 12
    • Points 182

Hello, Michelle!

Well, I never got a reply from Aonad@bbc.co.uk, the address you suggested for my query on the availability of 'Dhá Theanga'.  I suppose I should try again, in case my communication simply fell through the cracks, but I thought I'd just let you know I hadn't forgotten my promise to get back to you!

I remember you saying you'd co-written the script for this thing.  What a fascinating job that must be!  :-)

Thanks again for your attempts to help with this.  It doesn't look as if we're going to have any luck in accessing this programme, but 'hope springs eternal'!

• Thu, Dec 27 2012 23:45 In reply to

I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about this show i would really like to know

• Post Points: 21
  • Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:07 In reply to

• Zhongwen
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 12
    • Points 182

All I know is that it was produced by BBC Northern Ireland a few years ago, & was aimed at children or teens.  Thus, I thought it might be on an elementary enough level for me!  I've tried asking BBC NI about it, but received to response.  I believe there was music involved, as well as some sort of a storyline.  Sorry--that's about all I know of it!

• Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:09 In reply to

• Zhongwen
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 12
    • Points 182

Whoops!  That should read 'received no response'.  Apologies!

• Fri, Dec 28 2012 1:29 In reply to

Oh ive been curious about for awhile because a guy I am a huge fan was in it and did the music for it

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Learn Irish with Talk Irish, 117a Ormeau Road, Belfast, BT7 1SH, N Ireland
© Copyright 2018 TalkIrish.com  -  Privacy Policy  -  About Us  -  Jobs  -  News  -  Links