Alright, listen up everybody!

Latest post Tue, May 23 2017 2:09 by LauraHuntORI. 1 replies.
  • Mon, Jan 2 2017 9:49

• Ryboss47
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 1 2016
    • United States
    • Posts 93
    • Points 2,061

Alright, listen up everybody!

This may be a bit of a rant because I have a lot bottled up so brace yourselves.  I've been on this forum for almost a year now; that's almost hard to believe.  I feel like I just recently joined.  I don't know if it's the new year that just came in but right at this moment as I'm typing this I am feeling most inspired.  I feel after 1 year of being here I should be so much farther in my progress than I am right now and I'm so upset with myself.  There's no excuse I could come up with, I should have tried harder.  1 year and I've only moved up 5 pages in my book.  You all have offered so much of your expertise in Gaeilge and I have taken it for granted.  From now on I will be studying every single night here on out.  By this time next year I will be conversating with you all in Irish.  I have a lot in mind.  Expect to see at least 1 post per night asking for help.  I want to add you all on facebook, I want to talk on Skype, one day I'd like to even meet you all and conversate in person.  This is going to be the year where we make the biggest impact on each other's lives.

I'm curious as to what your inspiration is.  What guided you to Irish?  Why put so much time in learning?

As for me, as I have said before I've been trying to learn ever since I heard a song in high school.  I instantly fell in love with the song and in turn Irish.  Now I see it as a career choice.  Something that I one day will be able to make a living out of while doing what I love: teaching and speaking Irish.  Another factor which makes the biggest impact on me, it's what drives me back to learning every time I think about it.  I know that I need to make a living in this world and becoming a sufficient successful teacher is a goal of mine.  There's somebody that I need to prove to that I can achieve success.  She's the one person that drives me back to studying whenever I think about her.  We're not together but one day I hope that dream can come true.  That's my inspiration.  That's where my drive comes from.  What about yours?

-Ryan

• Post Points: 21
  • Tue, May 23 2017 2:09 In reply to

• LauraHuntORI
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 8 2015
    • Chicago, IL, USA
    • Posts 191
    • Points 1,999

Re: Alright, listen up everybody!

Níl a fhios agam go fóill fáth a bhfuil mé ag foghlaim na Gaeilge.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Learn Irish with Talk Irish, 117a Ormeau Road, Belfast, BT7 1SH, N Ireland
© Copyright 2017 TalkIrish.com  -  Privacy Policy  -  About Us  -  Jobs  -  News  -  Links